Parenting with AmySM provides parenting tips for topics such as how to discipline children or alternatives to spanking. We also have a list of general parenting resources to help navigate through the challenges of parenthood.
Check out our recommended books and sites. And when ready, use our top navigation menu to find specific Topics about parenting.
Sites on parenting
- www.healthychildren.org – Healthy Children
- www.parentingcounts.org – Parenting Counts
- www.cmch.tv – Center on Media and Child Health
Books on parenting
- Attached at the Heart: Eight Proven Parenting Principles for Raising Connected and Compassionate Children – Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker
- Between Parent and Child – Haim Ginott
- Connection Parenting: Parenting Through Connection Instead of Coercion, Through Love Instead of Fear, 2nd Edition – Pam Leo
- Hold Onto Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers – Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Mate
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk – Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Liberated Parents, Liberated Children: Your Guide to a Happier Family – Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Loving Our Kids On Purpose: Making A Heart-to-Heart Connection – Danny Silk
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children – Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- Parent Effectiveness Training – Thomas Gordon
- Parenting from the Inside Out – Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.
- Playful Parenting – Lawrence J. Cohen
- Positive Discipline – Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
- Positive Discipline A-Z: 1001 Solutions to Everyday Parenting Problems – Jane Nelsen Ed.D., Lynn Lott and H. Stephen Glenn
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child – John Gottman
- Relational Parenting – Ross Campbell M.D.
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know – Meg Meeker, M.D.
- Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Lessons Mothers Need to Raise Extraordinary Men – Meg Meeker M.D.
- The Heart of Parenting: Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child – John Gottman
- The Whole-Brained Child – Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- Unconditional Parenting – Alfie Kohn
- Your One-Year-Old (series for each year of life) – Louise Bates Ames, Ph.D.