Parenting with AmySM provides parenting tips for topics such as how to discipline children or alternatives to spanking. We also have a list of general parenting resources to help navigate through the challenges of parenthood.
Check out our recommended books and sites. And when ready, use our top navigation menu to find specific Topics about parenting.
Sites on parenting
- www.healthychildren.org – Healthy Children
- www.parentingcounts.org – Parenting Counts
- www.cmch.tv – Center on Media and Child Health
Books on parenting
- Between Parent and Child – Haim Ginott
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ – Daniel Goleman
- Hold Onto Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers – Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Mate
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk – Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Liberated Parents, Liberated Children: Your Guide to a Happier Family – Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Loving Our Kids On Purpose: Making A Heart-to-Heart Connection – Danny Silk
- No Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind – Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children – Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- Parent Effectiveness Training – Thomas Gordon
- Parenting from the Inside Out – Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.
- Playful Parenting – Lawrence J. Cohen
- Positive Discipline – Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.
- Positive Discipline A-Z: 1001 Solutions to Everyday Parenting Problems – Jane Nelsen Ed.D., Lynn Lott and H. Stephen Glenn
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child – John Gottman
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know – Meg Meeker, M.D.
- Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Lessons Mothers Need to Raise Extraordinary Men – Meg Meeker M.D.
- The Heart of Parenting: Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child – John Gottman
- The Whole-Brained Child – Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- The Yes Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiostiy, and Resilience in Your Child – Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- Unconditional Parenting – Alfie Kohn